Job Title : Facilities Manager
Reporting to : Head, Support Services
Job Location : Head Office
Direct Reports : Facilities Assistant, Transport Officer
Job Summary : Responsible for the management of the Company’s facilities and the
provision of administrative service.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Developand update the company’s assets register and ensure the appropriate insurance
is maintained on all company assets.
- Directand control the maintenance of office equipment and facilities.
- Coordinateall contracted general services i.e. courier services, security and transport,
cleaning, office equipment maintenance etc.
- Manageall vendor relations relating to the management of the Company’s facilities.
- Superviseand manage transport services and ensure the effective management and
maintenance of the Company’s fleet of vehicles.
- Superviseall procurement activities of the Company
- Handlethe acquisition, distribution and storage of equipment and supplies.
- Overseethe preparation, analysis, negotiation and review of contracts relating to the
purchase or sale of equipment, materials, supplies, products or services.
- Monitorthe day to day affairs of the Company stores and ensure that proper records are
kept and stock properly managed.
- Liaisewith user departments to ensure that their procurement requirements are met as
much as practicable.
- Manageall Company facilities to ensure approved standards are met and maintained at
Conduct routine inspection and ensure that facilities are in good condition and
- Liaisewith the facility management companies for the provision of security and cleaning
- Ensurehealth and safety standards are maintained on all Company premises.
- Supervisecontractors and artisans to ensure that contracts and repairs are executed
within budget and timelines at the right quality.
- Providebudgetary input with regards to facilities management and logistics.
- Supervisethe management of the front desk.
- Ensurecustomer service standards are maintained at all times.
Key Performance Indicators
- Satisfactoryinternal audit
- Compliance– inspection and maintenance schedule
- Compliance– maintenance standards
- TAT– procurement and requests
- Healthand safety standards maintained
- Reporting– facilities report
- TAT– Issues and complaint resolution
External : Vendors, suppliers and external clients
Internal : All departments
- Excellentorganizational skills
- Excellentcustomer service orientation
- Exceptionalattention to detail with proven interpersonal skills
Educational : Minimum of 1st degree in a related field.
Professional : N/A
Knowledge : Facilities Management, procurement, health and safety.
- Logisticsmanagement support
- Minimumof 5 years work experience in a similar role with proven managerial
- Anexcellent communicator
- Ableto build trust
- Professionalwith a good service orientation
- Shouldplan to avoid failure
Level of Authority : Facilities Assistant, Transport Officer
Decision Making : Limited to set standards approved by management. As permitted by
Working Conditions: Normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional
weekend and/or evening work and travel.
Physical Requirements: Visit suppliers/vendors and site visits